Well, one month down and it has been a blast. Yeah, Month 1!
What motivated me to start a blog? A creative outlet for myself. I wanted to learn something new, channel my creativity into something other than work. It has definitely lived up to my expectations.
What have I learned?
- Blogging is fun and creative. It is so rewarding to click ‘Publish’
- There are so many levels of “techie” stuff and you can do virtually none or immerse yourself in it
- Be prepared…a misplaced parentheses in the code editing can crash everything.
- Filezilla and FTTP can help fix a mistake (Read here for the full tale and the details steps to fix)
- Link parties are real. I honestly thought it was some myth I kept reading about. It felt wonderful to connect.
*Note* this post contains affiliate links where at no cost to you I may make a commission if you make a purchase.
- I used Lena’s resources at WhatMommyDoes to set up the blog through Bluehost* and WordPress.
- I absolutely loved Abby’s Building A Framework e-book for starting to get everything in place.
- Mariannes’s ebook Blog Beautiful* and the content on her site DesignYourOwnBlog* is the bomb! The ebook is really helping me personalize my site and is filled with so many resources and links. The content of the ebook lives up to the title – Highly recommended.
Posts From Month One
- Choosing a Hotel for Awesome Family Vacations on a Budget
- IVF and the Single Mom Want-To-Be
- Family Meals with a Restaurant Twist – Placemat Menus
- Alternative Party Favour for Any Occasion
- Ultimate Jr. Builders Toolbox (With Checklist) – A STEAM Resource
- The Pros & Cons of Being a Full Time Remote Employee | How to Be Successful
- Build Confident Children: Car Karaoke, Dance Like No One is Watching, & Rock the Air Guitar
- S.M.A.R.T. Saving Goals (Specific, Motivating, Agreed On, Realistic, Time-Bound)
- Happy Mother’s Day For Our Hero | Super-Mom Free Banner & Card Printable
- 5 Spring Must Haves | Transitioning From Winter Shut-In to Outdoor Spring Enthusiast
Goal Next 30-Days
- Ten more posts (excluding this one)
- Participate weekly in the ‘link ups’
- Join a Pinterest Group
Yeah for month one! Looking forward to month two.